Sheehan & Associates, P.L.C.

child custody Archives

Can I move with my child if there is a child custody order?

Most people who decide to move can do so without a second thought. For some people, child custody orders might mean that making the decision to move comes with the need to make sure the move is legal. In Michigan, there are some instances in which changing a child's residence might require that you go back to court if you have a court order for child custody.

Friend of the Court custody evaluations in Michigan

Michigan parents who are going through a child custody battle in court will likely need to have a child custody evaluation completed. This is done by the Friend of the Court. This public agency takes the facts of the child custody battle into account and presents a written recommendation to the judge who is overseeing the case.

In divorce, consider the wishes of your child

Whether you're going through a divorce or a separation, the process of ending your relationship is probably going to be incredibly emotional for you and your spouse. But if you have children together, it's important to know that the process can be just as difficult for them too.

Email Us For A Response

Tell Us About Your Legal Concern. We Will Respond Promptly.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Sheehan & Associates, P.L.C.
1460 Walton Blvd , Suite 102
Rochester Hills, MI 48309

Toll Free: 877-600-7891
Phone: 248-218-1473
Fax: 248-650-5368
Rochester Hills Law Office Map