Trusted Business Law Attorneys Serving Southeast Michigan
For any business seeking legal representation, the most important factors to look for are experience and a reputation for success. Whether the legal needs involve counsel, contract drafting, negotiation or litigation, the stakes are high. Mistakes or oversights in business law can be disastrous.
At Sheehan & Associates, P.L.C., our attorneys understand what is at stake, and we know how to protect the rights of our business clients. We represent businesses of all sizes in Greater Detroit and throughout southeast Michigan. With more than 50 years of cumulative experience between our two attorneys, we have become a trusted name for business law representation in our community.
Your Law Firm For Life: Providing Representation Throughout The Business Life Cycle
We represent clients through every phase of the life of their businesses, from the initial startup to initial public offerings (IPOs) to sale and dissolution.
We help entrepreneurs and small businesses through the beginning stages of establishment. Our lawyers provide sound counsel and representation in:
- Initial business strategy planning
- Determining whether it is best to operate as a partnership, an LLC or some other entity type
- The initial filing with the secretary of state, including all the documentation required
- Initial contracts and agreements, including real estate purchases, rentals or leases; employment agreements; vendor agreements; and partnership agreements
Transactional Representation And Counsel
Our attorneys handle every kind of transactional matter that a business could encounter, including:
- Contracts: Our lawyers draft, edit and review contracts for our business clients, providing sound counsel and accuracy.
- Negotiations: Contractual negotiations are critical to the long-term success of any business. Our attorneys have a wealth of experience in negotiating on behalf of our clients.
- Financing: Our attorneys explore financial documents for accuracy and potential liability issues.
- Real estate: We understand that real estate is critical to any business. We handle all legal aspects of a real estate purchase or sale, leasing and rental issues, land use, zoning and other real estate issues.
- Employment issues: In addition to employment contracts and executive packages, we help clients with terminations, liability issues, discrimination and harassment, severance packages and independent contractor agreements.
When disputes arise, it is critical to resolve the matter as quickly, efficiently and successfully as possible. We handle business litigation matters in Michigan and California in both state and federal courts. Our attorneys focus on resolving matters through negotiation whenever possible, and we litigate aggressively and successfully when cases need to go to court.
When a business has run its course or it’s time to sell a business or move in a different direction, our attorneys can help. We assist clients in creating sound strategies and negotiate the terms of business purchases, sales and dissolutions. We also help clients with their IPOs. Whenever it is time to move to another stage in the life of your business, our attorneys will be there.